Brian is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey state courts and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and New Jersey federal courts. He has been named a Superlawyers Rising Star in the field of Trust and Estates and a Top Attorney – Pennsylvania’s Outstanding Young Lawyers for all years from 2013 through 2017.
Brian’s practice is centered upon providing estate and trust planning advice with a focus on tax mitigation, family dynamics and asset protection. Such planning frequently includes business succession, GST issues, grantor trust issues and retirement plan assets and their particular income tax treatment among many other areas.
Brian also has significant experience in trust termination and modification in and out of Orphans’ Court and has filed dozens of Court Accountings and Petitions throughout his career and is often looked to by corporate trustees for representation.
Brian is the current co-chair of the Tax Committee and member of the Executive Committee of the Probate and Trust Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association. Brian is also a member of the Philadelphia Estate Planning Council and the Young Lawyer’s Division of the Probate and Trust Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
Brian is an active participant in the Philadelphia VIP pro bono program assisting low income clients with probate and tangled title issues and received recognition from the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas for his pro bono work. Brian further participates in the Wills for Heroes program, assisting first responders with estate planning work without charge. Brian serves as a Court appointed guardian when called upon by the Philadelphia and Montgomery County Orphans’ Court.
Education and Professional Memberships
- Temple University Beasley School of Law Estate Planning Certificate Program (continuing)
- Temple University Beasley School of Law J.D. 2008
- Boston College B.A. 2003 – Political Science
- Co-Chair of the Tax Committee of the Probate and Trust Law Section of the Philadelphia Association
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Probate and Trust Law Section of the Philadelphia Association
- Member of Philadelphia Estate Planning Council
- Member of the Probate and Trust Law Section of the Philadelphia Association Young Lawyers’ Division
Bar Admission and Past Employment
- Gilboy & Gilboy LLP – Partner
- Teeters Harvey Gilboy & Kaier LLP – Associate
- Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Eastern District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Honors and Recognition
- Superlawyers Rising Stars Trust and Estates 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
- Top Attorney – Pennsylvania’s Outstanding Young Lawyers 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
- Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Pro Bono Roll of Honor 2012
- Temple Political & Civil Rights Law Review